Welcome! Membership in the International Society of Glass Beadmakers is open to all.
Our membership is varied and includes glass beadmakers working in a variety of media, collectors, jewelry designers, arts educators, historians, and suppliers to the trade.
As a 501(c)3, ISGB has a Board of Directors elected by the membership, with a mission to educate and promote the art of glass beadmaking, preserve the traditions of the art form and encourage the continued renaissance of contemporary glass beadmaking.
Regional Directors represent the membership at a local level. A total of twelve Regional Directors located from Northeast to West, International and Canada, are the liaisons between the ISGB leadership and our members around the world.
Membership dues, fundraising events, and donations help to fund ISGB. The Executive Director, Administrator and a National Office serve as the professional staff.
The International Society of Glass Beadmakers strives to provide its members with valuable and exclusive benefits.
Please check the benefit levels below to find the one most appropriate for you.
Individual Level, $55
The largest component of our group, Individual Level membership, is best suited for beadmakers of all skill levels who are hobbyists or sell beads occasionally. Individual Level benefits are offered to all member levels and include:
- The Glass Bead Magazine, a four-color quarterly publication filled with techniques, resources, commentary, and connections to other beadmakers and suppliers
- Listing in the online Membership Directory
- Monthly e-newsletter, The Bead Release
- Affordable Health Insurance, in specific states
- Access to Liability Insurance in your home, studio, or when teaching
- Updates from Regional Directors and local ISGB Chapters on related activities
- Eligible for discounts on registration for the Annual Conference, The Gathering
- Early notification of Gathering workshops, if renewing by January 31
- Eligible to apply for Gathering Scholarships
- Group Exhibition opportunities
- Website forums, discussing everything from safety and materials to what to look for when taking classes
Family Level, $75
Individual Level benefits for two (2) adults and children under 18, living at the same address
Student Level, $30
Individual Level benefits with a valid student ID to qualify
Lifetime Level, $2000
Individual Level benefits for life, and a special lifetime membership number
Professional Level, $100
If you are a full time beadmaker, teach beadmaking, or sell your beads at least occasionally, this level is for you. In addition to all the benefits of the Individual Level, you will receive:
- Buyers Market of American Craft (Rosen) Wholesale Show eligibility
- Eligible to apply for a ProPay discount
- Post classes and shows on the ISGB Website
- Link from the ISGB Website to your own
- Special Professional Level listing in the online Membership Directory
- Eligible for access to a special Instructors Only Forum on the ISGB Website
Corporate Level, $250
If you are a business with glass beadmaking customers and products other than handmade glass beads, this is the place to market your company. You will have the same benefits as Individual and Professional Level members plus:
- A Suppliers link from the ISGB Website
- Discounted booth fees in the Technical Vendor area of The Gathering
- National referral listing
- Special Corporate Level listing in the online Membership Directory
- Additional copies of The Glass Bead Magazine for distribution
- Sponsorship and Marketing opportunities
International Members have all of the benefits associated with their dues level and, if outside of North America, can apply for an International Scholarship to help offset the expenses of attending The Gathering. There are no extra costs for International Membership.
All Members will receive a quarterly issue of The Glass Bead Magazine and The Gathering Registration Booklet via the US Mail. All other official correspondence and notifications will be sent electronically to the email address you provide on your Membership Application.
If you require that official correspondence be sent to you via US Mail, please check the appropriate box on your Membership Application and add $10 to your annual membership fee.
Updated January, 2009