UNIQUES - eBay Holiday Sale - December 1- 15, 2014
A Joint Project with the ISGB
SNAG is excited to announce the 3rd UNIQUES online auction benefiting our members and SNAG. UNIQUES is an online auction of one-of-a-kind, limited edition, unusual, and handmade contemporary art jewelry and small metal items. UNIQUES helps SNAG members gain exposure and sell work while helping the organization raise funds for programming. The first UNIQUES event, launched December 2013, was a hit with our audience and generated many sales and happy customers, so we decided to host another sale as a SNAG membership benefit - this time with new twists:
SNAG is partnering with the International Society of Glass Beadmakers (ISGB) to hold a joint UNIQUES Holiday Sale. Partnering with ISGB allows both organizations to have greater exposure through our membership base and for buyers to have more fabulous work to choose from.
And we have a new theme: This time around we thought it would be fun to have everyone submit entries that reflect the adjective colorful.
1. having much or varied color; bright.
"a colorful array of fruit"
synonyms: brightly colored, vivid, vibrant, brilliant, radiant, rich;
2. full of interest; lively and exciting.
"a controversial and colorful character"
synonyms: vivid, graphic, lively, animated, dramatic, fascinating, interesting, stimulating, scintillating, evocative
WHERE WILL THIS SALE TAKE PLACE?
On eBay. eBay's Giving Works program for nonprofits offers the most cost effective solution and the widest audience exposure for our members. Many potential buyers already have eBay accounts set up making this venue also a convenient option for purchases.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED in UNIQUES?
- Be a SNAG member or ISGB member
- Submit application forms via Google forms by November 1, 2014
- The first 40 SNAG and the first 40 ISGB artists who submit complete applications (including photos) will be accepted (first-come-first-serve).Hurry: The first 6 entries will be used for promotional efforts for this auction!
- We are looking for jewelry and metal art objects at a retail price of up to $300 each. Up to 3 items per artist. Most items that have sold in the past retail for $200 or less.
- All sales proceeds will be split as follows: artist 50%; SNAG/ISGB 50%. (SNAG member sales help to support SNAG and ISGB member sales help to support ISGB.)
- All work remains in the possession of the artist until sold.
- SNAG/ ISGB will upload submitted photos, information to eBay.
- When a piece sells, the shipping information will be emailed to the artist who ships the work directly to the buyer.
Launch eBay sale: December 1, 2014
Sale ends: December 15, 2014
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
Art entries accepted until November 1, 2014.
ART SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces for sale (see entry form).
- Artists must establish a reserve price and a buy it now price. Buy it Now price MUST be at least 30% more than the reserve price. If no Buy It Now price is indicated by the artist, SNAG/ISGB will create one based on the reserve price.
- Pieces will be seen via photos exclusively, therefore all images must approximate professional quality, and the quality of the work must be readily recognizable. We do not jury your work, but we do reserve the right to refuse lesser quality photographs and pieces that are not suitable for the sale. All images must have sharp focus, proper exposure, and neutral backdrop (graduated, gray, white or black smooth). Please crop and correct for exposure and rotation.
- Not accepted: Images with textured backgrounds, watermarks, copyright notice, edited frames, edited backgrounds or other Photoshop effects.
- Images must be in .jpg format, and at least 1600 pixels on the longest side. You may submit up to two photos of each piece, clearly label your photos as such:
LastName entry#, for example: smithentry1,smithentry1detail, smithentry2...
- Artists will receive email notification of acceptance into the UNIQUES sale.
- Please use the marketing materials that we provide to promote the auction to your clients and collectors via email and/or online. Promotional materials will be provided for participants.
- When a piece sells, the artist will receive the customer information. All shipping within the United States occurs via USPS flat rate priority. All artists must use a flat rate shipping box. All pieces must be double-boxed for shipping and the inner box must fit within (largest size) large flat rate box from USPS (23 11/16" x 11 3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5 1/2"). These boxes are free from your local USPS. Packages can't weigh more than 30 lbs total.
- For International shipping, information will be provided to assist the artist in finalizing the shipping cost based on country and location of buyer.
Entries accepted until November 1, 2014 or until all 40 SNAG or 40 ISGB slots are filled.
Click here to download the call for entries PDF.
Mark your calendar and save the date!
Located at the beautiful Hotel Albuquerque, the rich history and traditions of the fine city of Albuquerque will provide a wonderful ambience for the new, diverse atmosphere of our annual conference.
As a member of the ISGB you receive discounts from participating vendors. To retrieve discount codes and discount coupons/levels, visit the members-only section of the forum here: Vendor Discount Program
Journey is a glimpse into the evolution of ISGB members who have chosen to share their
Journey is 80 pages plus cover featuring 77 ISGB members and five chapters and is available