NOTE: Applications are now closed for Gathering scholarships. Each year ISGB offers a number of scholarships to qualifying members to enable them to attend the Gathering. A special International Scholarship exists to lend encouragement and financial assistance for our members outside North America to experience the Gathering. The ISGB Scholarship Committee is co-chaired by President Kendra Bruno, Vice President Alethia Donathan and long time member, Lewis Wilson.
Each scholarship award consists of a waived conference fee, one night’s hotel lodging, and $100 travel stipend. The International Scholarship provides a waived conference fee, one night’s hotel lodging, and a $500 stipend to help offset international travel expenses. Scholarship recipients will be notified prior to the conference, however, all stipends are presented at the Gathering and are not distributed before. A member may receive only one ISGB scholarship in his or her lifetime. All Scholarships have the same application criteria.
A signed scholarship packet with the materials stated below should be mailed to ARRIVE NO LATER THAN Saturday, FEBRUARY 27, 2010. All materials should be mailed to:
85 E Gay St, Suite 707
Columbus, OH 43215
Questions? Address them to: Alethia Donathan, vp @ isgb.org (remove spaces).
To apply for an ISGB, Chapter or International scholarship:
- Applicants must be a current ISGB member. New members joining after January 31, 2010 will not be eligible until 2011.
- Applicants MUST submit an Artist Statement, which should also include their vision and inspiration in addition to a one-page essay explaining how they expect to benefit from attending the Gathering and what they hope to return to the bead making community from their experience at the Gathering.
- Three (3) images of your work submitted to admin @ isgb.org (remove spaces). Label each image in numerical order with last name: - example (01_Smith.jpg) etc. Images must be in .jpg Format. Each image maximum 1000 pixels any direction, and maximum 1MB
- Three letters of recommendation must accompany the application.
- The recipient MUST donate one bead to the Silent Auction.
- Recipients MUST attend the entire Gathering (Thursday AM-Sunday PM) and volunteer at least 8 hours.
- Recipients MUST attend the General Meeting on Thursday.
- A completed Gathering Registration form with optional event and workshop requests and any payment needed to cover those requests must be sent once the scholarship is awarded to the Gathering registrar.
- In the event that the recipient does not fulfill their obligation, ISGB will revoke the scholarship award and stipend.
- Each recipient is required to write and submit a short article (500 words maximum) for The Glass Bead Fall issue on his or her Gathering experience.
Scholarship Application downloadable form here
(Please click on the blue link)
|< Prev||Next >|