+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ofilia's Garage Sale, phase 1

Default Re: Ofilia\'s Garage Sale, phase 1 UPDATE

Ofilia-
    I might need the pale lavendar - let me check. And I know you are not really trying hard to sell the coralito ... but would it help to sell it, or some of it, to a friend and past-roomie?
    bergina

Hey der, "post-roomie".... I've seen some of the stuff people have made with this lovely coralito...and let me tell you it is really gorgeous stuff! A little can go a long way.

When I was in Italy, and using it for figurative work, I economized and painted it over a clear base, and then proceeded to shape the glass. It still had that blushing grenadine/organge juice quailty! Okay, so now you are trying to talk me into keeping the stuff.....but I really need the money more right now more then I do the glass. I may regret it later. I can pretty much guarantee you that if you sell a bead with this stuff, the pound is pretty much paid for! You treat it special and it will reward you both in the pleasure of the rich color and in catching the eye of your customers!

Ofilia

Default Re: Ofilia\'s Garage Sale/want books and videos

Is the book by James Kervin, "More Than You Ever Wanted To Know About Glass Beadmaking", 1994 edition, $15 still avail? Also, do you have any videos which you would like to sell? Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks and good luck with school!
    Danielle

Ofilia-
    I'll take the 082 and the coralito. Send me an email with the total and an address and I'll mail a check - I am leaving tomorrow and won't be back until late Sunday, so it might be early next week, if that is ok.
    bergina

Hi Danielle, The Kervin book is long sold, sorry. The Mears book, Flameworking, Creating Glass Beads, Sculptures and Functional Objects", that I still have, has mostly step-by-step off mandrel techniques, studio set up and glass basics.

As far as additional great technique books, I would highly recommend both of Cindy Jenkins books. "How to Make Glass Beads"- (my personal "bible" when I first started making beads!!), and "Beads of Glass". Lots and lots of bead techniques with great step-by-step phography. If you find them new or used they are worth every penny!

Bergina, I'll e-mail you.

Sold are:

Dona duck bill holder, optic mold, pale lavender Effetre, and all the coralito I can spare.

Thanks so much everyone!

Ofilia

Hi Ofilia,

Do you still have the Burgard piggie? I collect pigs in all shapes and forms so this would be a real treasure to me.

Sadie

OMG!!! FINALLY!!! This little piggie will find its' (new) way home ! Yes he's around here somehwere- not too far, as it surfaced when I made the recent update. He keeps popping up in my stash of stuff . Poor little piggie, is very happy now . You can e-mail me, Sadie, via my profile address. Thanks!

Ofilia

Hi Ofilia, if the Mears book, Flameworking, Creating Glass Beads, Sculptures and Functional Objects is still available I'll take it. Let me know, thanks.

Yes it is Rmjane! You can e-mail me. My address in in my profile there. Thanks!

Ofilia

Default Re: Ofilia\'s Garage Sale, phase 1

Hi, Ofilia! After months of reading this site, I've finally joined, with a membership soon to follow (Hooray!) What glass do you have left? Glass - I want glass. Lots and lots of glass!
    Thanks,
    Renee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information