+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annealing kiln for sale

Default Annealing kiln for sale

SUNDANCE MODEL HG6B9
    BRICK BEAD ANNEALING KILN,
    HINGED FIBER BEAD DOOR
    120 V, PYROMETER, MANUAL CONTROL

This is a Sundance brick lamp work bead annealing kiln, purchased about 1997/8 and used for 9 years. It consists of four tiers: The flat fire brick base, the bead door ring, the heating element and controller ring, and the lid.

It works perfectly and is in pristine condition. I just installed a brand new infinite control switch. I place magic marker marks on the infinite control dial to show me where I needed to keep it to anneal my Effetre glass.

I customized a hinged bead door. When new, it had no door only firebrick inserts—very awkward.

It has a huge interior space. 9 inches deep, door opening is 6.5” wide and 2.5” tall, interior height is 4.5”, but if you remove the mandrel rest it is 8” tall. The overall height is 14.” I will include the four small firebricks that the base is setting on. I have place hundreds of beads in the kiln. There is a rack inside which can hold the ends of mandrels.

I also changed the pyrometer. It was so tiny, it was hard to read. The bracket looks funny but now it is easy to read as you make beads.

I bought a chili pepper kiln in 2006 and just used this as a backup in case the chili pepper had a problem. It has sat on my bench for 7 years. I just got another kiln that can be a backup so I am selling this one.

I have the original owner’s manual and some other literature to go with the kiln.

I am asking $250.00, as is in all its glory! Shipping costs responsibility of the buyer. If you live in Florida you might be able to pick it up. I live in Cape Coral. Contact me, Barbara Simon at bbbsimon@comcast.net if you are interested.

I am having trouble posting a picture. aarrrgghhh! email me if you are interested......

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information