+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Marble and Glass Festival--Tucson

Default World Marble and Glass Festival--Tucson

Bringing the magic back to Tucson

World Marble and Glass Festival
    2015, first week of February, Tucson
    I will be promoting a large glass event in Tucson in February of 2015. It will be held in the area next to the old White Sox stadium, or Tucson Electric Park. More specifics about the location and diagrams will be posted in October or November of this year.
    This will be an all glass event. All things glass with a heavy slant to marbles. The show will feature the best glassworkers doing marbles, beads, pendants, paperweights, bracelets, goblets , sculptures and murrini.
    There will not be a flame-off . There will be ongoing demos at multiple torch stations by many of the best lampworkers from the U S and Japan. I already have Kevin O’Grady and Akihero Okhama signed up to do demos on the Tuesday opening night.
    Some of the corporate sponsors that have signed on are Glass Alchemy, Paragon, GTT, ABR Imagery, CBS Dichroic, and The Flow. Beads of Courage will also be involved.
    The event will run from the first Tuesday thru Saturday in February, 2015. There will be a very large grand opening from 4 PM to 10 PM on the Tuesday. Music, food, door prizes.
    Show up and be part of the magic.
    Lewis C Wilson Crystal Myths

Just found out that the location I looked into has been reserved for the next four years . Going to make it very hard to pull off a Tucson show without having a great indoor space. Not going to push forward with my only option being large tents. Looks like this will make it too hard to present a great show and keep expenses down. For now I must say that this show will not happen. I will still look into other venues that may work. And will let people know if something happens.
    Thank you to all the corporate sponsors and individuals that were ready to join in this event.
    I am very disappointed that this is not happening for 2015.
    Lewis C Wilson

Isn't life great. Found a great location with a nice sized ballroom and also 48 rooms surrounding the courtyard.
    Please check out the facebook page 'Dirty Looie's Glassland".
    This will be an ALL GLASS ARTIST SHOW. In Tucson during the same time as all the major gem and mineral shows and glass events.
    The people selling will be making marbles, pendants, beads, murinni and sculptures. I have commitments from major people in the glass world to exhibit. Tool and glass suppliers also.
    Lewis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information