+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aquarium air pump (wanted)

Default Aquarium air pump (wanted)

Dear friends of the slow way of making beads,

I would like ro borrow a small electric air pump for a fish tank while the 2013 Gathering. I need it to run my wax torch at open torch events. I can't use my one since it is running on 220V and is pretty heavy. A smaller pump should be OK, because I could blow the air with my mouth, too. But that would keep me from anwering questions and sharing the experiance with other beadmakers.

You can see this torch on a German Wiki-Page:
    http://www.perlenwiki.de/index.php/Wachsbrenner
    I made all beads on my tapestry with that torch, including writing the numbers on the back side. The flame is pretty hot, but the amopunt of heat is limited.

Thank you in advance
    Dietmar

Dietmar,

I have one tucked away in my attic, I'd be happy to dig it out for you. My only condition is that you must PROMISE not to get mugged again this year

On a more serious note, I'm not sure how much air it pumps, but after I dig it out I'll post again here. I'd be honored for you to use it - you really helped clarify some things for me last time, helping me understand how earlier torches could get such a fine flame

Wes.

PS - I've also got a larger, stronger 110v pump, it was built into an inflatable bed we had. However it is quite loud.

Dietmar, I don't know if this will be of help to you - it says: "do not run dry" where the specs are on the side.

[IMG]www.wesleyfleming.com/images/DSC_3738_cropped.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, what the heyy is wrong with the image tags? Here's the URL for the image: www.wesleyfleming.com/images/DSC_3738_cropped.jpg

Hi Wes

The amount of air is quite low for my torch. I can blow it with my cheeks easily, but not talk while working. So the smaller pump should be way enough. The "do not run dry" seems to say "do not block air" and maybe "do not pump without resistance". I'll pack in a way, I can release some air to the side, if the pressure is too high. But... I could work with the larger pump and the inflatable, too. I worked with larger volumes as buffer and bellows for inflatables, years ago.

I don't WANT to get mugged, this year. I'll avoid THAT neighbourhood, because I booked in the hotel...

By the way... Are you in one of the classes on tuesday/wednesday? I'm going to the chainmaille-class.

Dietmar

PS: [IMG]http://... was the trick ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information