+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite glass publication?

Default Favorite glass publication?

Hi everyone,

This question was inspired by a friend of mine. What is your favorite glass book/magazine?

I know I am always looking for a good read and what better subject than GLASS?

Let's see how new books I need to buy!

PegC

I really enjoy Soda Lime Times... It is a e-maze. And I love our new version of Glass Bead Evolution... I do get a few others but those are the two I read the entire magazine...
    Kris Schaible
    Vice President
    International Society of Glass Beadmakers

I still love to flip through Corina's Passing the Flame.

I also have used Drew Fritts' marble book for color mixing too and have it on my list to fully read to learn how to make soft glass marbles.

I like the new Glass Bead Evolution (ISGB Pub) but have to admit that for most other magazines I often just flip through the pictures. Don't tell!
    Lori Greenberg

Thr booklets by Jim Kervin are interesting. They feature each a different artist andhis work. The working techniques are wel discribed and there is a lot of information.

I don't read much magazines. But The Flow is one of the most interesting ones. It is more about boro, but you can adapt many things to soft glass, too.

I agree: The Drew Fritts' marble book is quite interesting. I learned a lot about handling the "round thing", develloping patterns and blending colors.

Dietmar

I also keep going back to "Passing the Flame". When I am uninspired I can sit at the torch with that book and sort of "reset" my mind by making the beads in it. I need to check out the Drew Fritts book.

Keep them coming!

PegC

(starting my wish list for the Gathering)

I have all the Jim Kervin booklets (?) and refer to them often. I like Cindy Jenkins two books especially if you are just starting your collection.

Debby

Thanks everyone!

PegC

Mine is Penland Book of Glass!

http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/1600596797
    Hayley

Hayley Tsang Sather | envisionsf.com

I love leafing through the books Glasss. Although I have seen the work so many times when compiling the books, every time I pick it up, I see new things.
    Miriam

www.facet-design.com | www.glasss.eu

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information