+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about the Bead Bazaar tables in Rochester 2013

Default Question about the Bead Bazaar tables in Rochester 2013

I am trying to decide whether to do the Bazaar this year and if so, if I want to share a table.
    I understand vendors will be placed in alphabetical order so one of my questions is how you determine that. Is it by business name or vendor's first or last name? And if someone has a name close to yours, can you choose them as a table mate or will all be assigned?
    Hope this is in the right area to ask and hoping for an answer before registration opens.
    Thank you!

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Hi Mary,

I hope this message finds you doing well. This is a great place for you to ask your question, just perfect!

You likely saw the information in the Gathering booklet that we have on the website already, but I noted it again below:

Table assignments for both full and half tables will be done alphabetically if registration is done by June 30, 2013. Special requests for placement will not be considered. Exhibitors registering after June 30, 2013, will be placed in the back of the room. Table assignment will be based on four variations, rotating from year to year:
    2013 – a-z by last name
    2014 – z-a by last name
    2015 – a-z by first name
    2016 – z-a by first name

The determining factor for 2013 and 2014 is alpha order by last name as shown above. For 2015 and 2016 it is by first name. All by individual, not by business name.

Even if the name is close, it is all still done in alpha order and there is no selection of table mates for those that share. It is strictly alpha order.

I hope you will decide to participate in the Bead Bazaar - it is, as you know, one of the highlights of the conference no doubt! Does this information help answer your questions? If not, please let me know and as always, you can also email me directly if you would like - executivedirector @ isgb.org (please remove spaces).

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Mary.

Best,
    Kendra

Yes, Kendra, this does answer my question. I have always participated in the Bead Bazaar but I was in the back last year and it looks like being my last name starts with a T, I will be in the back this year. So I will have to think long and hard if it is worth it to pay for a full table or share a table without being able to choose my table mate, haul my table supplies all the way across the country again and not be very thrilled with my location for the 2nd year in a row. I may just want to make it easy on myself and enjoy cruising the Bazaar. I have a couple more weeks to think about it before registration opens up.
    Thanks for the info.
    Mary

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Mary, we understand. The ISGB Board of Directors struggled greatly to find the very best solution to the challenges we had been facing. We had many unhappy Bead Bazaar participants based on never being in the front; always being assigned to the back; not able to pick the table placement wanted; no one to share with so they couldn't do a half table; having someone to share with but couldn't be in the same row with friends...the list went on and on. The Board reviewed like organizations and saw how they handled similar scenarios and with so many of our Bead Bazaar participants opting to just have a partner assigned to them for so many years, ultimately decided this was the most fair way to handle the table assignments.

The Board understood that not everyone would like the change and that is difficult. Like all organizations, we want every single person to be happy and it is just not possible, all of the time.

I sincerely hope you will still consider the Bead Bazaar and at least give this new scenario a try. At minimum, no one wants this change to keep you from participating. If I can help you in any way, I am here, and please feel free to contact me.

Best,
    Kendra

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information