+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bead Trade

Default Bead Trade

How does the bead trade work? Do we bring our wonky beads (as a novice I have many) or only our "perfect" beads (I have none)? How are the beads traded?

Bring whatever beads you have. Ones you have questions about and ones you want to trade. I do think you should not bring ones with cracks or other major flaws unless you want some help with why it happened. I would not trade those. But don't worry about the rest. I trade with everyone - new bead maker and seasoned ones! The only thing I don't want to get is a cracked bead!!!! That did happen once and I was very disappointed and upset.

Don't worry, most people are like me! We will trade with everyone!!!!!
    Debby

Hi Marla,

Welcome to your first Gathering!

I agree with everything Debby said, and I'll just add on the one thing I didn't think of before my first swap -- it's a good idea to bring little baggies and business cards/name labels/something to identify your beads -- that way folks you trade with can remember who they got their goodies from.

Kim
    Kim Edwards
    Lone Tree Studio

susan sheehan Guest

Yes, bring the ones you want to share. I think everyone should be proud of where they are in their journey. Anyone better has been where you are. I know most of us love to share your joy. Whatever you do, don't let it be stressful. I made that mistake and regret that I didn't let myself feel the love of trading in my early years.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information