+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ventilation at Gathering Classes

Default Ventilation at Gathering Classes

What will the ventilation be like at the Gathering? There are some classes I'd really like to take, but having lung issues I need to be very careful. Will there be active ventilation at the torch stations or are we relying on high ceilings and open doors?

Thanks, ~Juliet

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Juliet, thank you for your post. I thought Sarah had responded to you when you emailed her directly with your question, but I may have not understood that correctly. I appreciate you contacting us again.

We are using the Rochester Riverside Convention Center as we did in 2010. It is a huge room, concrete floors, with 45' high ceilings. Cross ventilation and air circulation is very good via large load-in doors, the center's air system and entry doors. It is a facility that works very well for students. We do not have individually vented stations.

I understand and greatly respect your concern. I hope this helps to explain and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need to at executivedirector @ isgb.org (please remove the spaces).

Best,
    Kendra

Thank you Kendra. I did not get any email replies. That is why I posted here. ~Juliet

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

No problem, Juliet. Emailing, posting here - anything works as long as we get you the info you need! :-)

Let me know if I can help at any time!

-Kendra

Kandra, You are right.

Eaven on open Torch events there was NO (not one) smell of nitric oxides. And the torches where burning on "high" to check them out... The AC-system provides enough fresh air without draft, just what we need for the "hot" classes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information