+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone it's 2013!!!

He is adorable!

Pricing - well, how long does it take to make one?
    For me as an owner, I would be willing to pay $40 - $45 for one of my puppy but also see paying as much as $60 depending on size and detail. And do you do them all as pendants on a cord? Figure in the price of the cord and/or chain and be sure you are paying yourself.

Does any of the price go to the shelter? If so, be sure you figure that when pricing. If you decide to up your price, you may decide to do that and figure part of the higher charge going to them - but don't give away your "pay" completely. I do a lot of donations but you do have to be somewhat realistic especially if this "service" becomes a big part of your business.

What have you been charging??? And are there different prices for different breeds?

Have I given you more questions instead of any answers? Hope some of this might help.
    Debby

Super cute puppy.... as far as pricing you just have to ask yourself what time and price seem fair to you. I usually just take the time it takes me to create a bead start to finish, plus materials and set a price.... good luck!!
    Kris Schaible
    Vice President
    International Society of Glass Beadmakers

The corgy that I posted sold for $40. I do try and base my price on the amount of time I spend and materials used. I tell customers between $40-$50 depending on the time it takes me. I havent been donating anything back to the shelter, it was just a one time donation, but I had 12 orders from that one event. There are some dogs that I end up making twice and some I get first time, so I cant really figure that "wasted time" into my pricing. This dog making has become a big part of my income lately, so have to do what pays the bills Orders are not my favorite part of lampworking, but I'm gradually becoming the "dog lady". Even after Christmas I havent had time to just get in the studio and be creative. I was just thinking I was charging too little because people are more than happy to pay the price and orders are still coming in. Thanks for the advice...and compliments!

I did this bangle today and man it was hard! The long coil piece was too hard with hand issues, that said I LOVE it!

Another bangle style.

Nicole Valentine - Rimmer
    www.NValentineStudio.etsy.com

Kari, the Corgi is adorable! And congratulations on them being so popular. I can certainly understand why.

Nicker, those long coils really are exhausting....even with healthy hands! I can't believe you were able to stand coiling one that long. Pretty impressive, girlfriend!
    Angie Ramey

Nick, hope you can get back to usual soon..however the stuff you've been doing to keep busy are wonderful.
    Karie....I love your little doggie......so sweet...such talent, thanks for sharing.

More Ecourse projects!

I've been working on this in between wire projects, thrilled with it!!

Front!

Back!

Nicker - you go girl! Beautiful work!!!! Debby

Here are some flowers I am working on for a combination project - kumihimo, seed beading, and lampwork. Not sure if any will make the cut but I'm trying something different - for me.
    Debby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information