+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WA state sales tax return

Default WA state sales tax return

Hi there!

I returned my sales tax to WA state right after the Gathering. Then recently, I received a "balance due" invoice because they said that Canadian residents are NOT tax exempt. We were told at the beginning of the bead bazaar that Canadian and Oregon residents WERE tax exempt. I called and they told me just Oregon, so I owed another $30 that I never collected. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks,
    Judy

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Judy, I don't have anyone else who has reported this concern, but did you speak with anyone about this at the Washington State Department of Revenue? Or did they just send you the letter?

If you haven't spoken to anyone, can you please email me at executivedirector @ isgb.org (remove spaces, thank you), send me a copy of what they sent to you so I know exactly what it says, and I can give you some contact information for WSDR?

Thank you,
    Kendra

I never got a notice like this. How would they even know we'd sold to people in Canada?

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

You should not have received this notice Sharon, unless they had a question about your filing/payment.

No one should receive any notices on anything, unless there is a question or problem from the state.

-Kendra

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information