+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's May!

I've been working on another batch of Tree of Life beads from the Beads of Courage Bead Design Challenge. These went out on Sunday.

Robert
    Robert Simmons
    Director for Bead Donations
    Beads of Courage, Inc.

A week or so ago, a friend and I went to see a high school production of "Little House of Horrors" (the daughter of dear friends was in the production.) Audrey II got me thinking about the flower stakes I used to make. And I saw posted on FB that other people are working on similar things - spring is in the air! So I had to try my hand at it again. And because I have a new laptop with updated software, there was a learning curve to getting photos on!

Anyway, here is Audrey II, the star of the plant/flower shop!

And here are some of the other plant stakes I have been working on - I am using a foam shape between beads as a cushion and added texture:
    Last edited by Debby_Weaver; 05-16-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Debby, those make me smile. They are so cheerful! What a wonderful addition to a garden.

Mimi

I love those Debby!
    Nicole Valentine - Rimmer
    www.NValentineStudio.etsy.com

Nicker, I love your bracelets, specially the etched silver. Robert, great tree of life beads! Debby, your garden ornaments are delightful.

Robert how did I miss all those trees, how cool! They are going to love them!

Some new european charm (pandora, troll etc) beads from me!

Love seeing these threads. Wonderful beads!

I really respect Robert being able to make so many cool tree beads. I'm afraid I would conk out after just a couple. I get bored very easily. These are very cool and consistent in quality. Good job!

Nicker - love your beads!!!! What wonderful colors! What kind if glass are you using? I can't get those colors from my glass. I figure you are using SIS but I can never get it to "curdle" so beautifully. Hints????

Hope we see some more beads!!! Meanwhile, I have to get my stuff together for Journey!
    Debby

Thanks much. This is my 3rd batch of 20, only 2 more production runs to go to meet my limited edition of 100 for the Dream Bead Challenge. You can check out the whole project in the Ladybug Star and the Jester's Hat, the book from Beads of Courage that is just now coming in from the printer. Check it out on the BoC site here: http://www.beadsofcourage.org/catego...nd-apparel.htm

Robert
    Robert Simmons
    Beads of Courage, Inc.

I am going to have extra beads from the Beads of Courage thing at the Gathering I wonder if I could give them to someone at the gathering for them?

I have new daisy beads!

Yes, we'll be there if you have extra beads to donate to the event. The BoC booth will be in the Tech Vendor area and either Camille or myself (or both) will be there.
    Thanks
    Robert
    Robert Simmons
    Beads of Courage, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information