+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Watch out! I had an idea!

Default Watch out! I had an idea!

I have been cleaning out my attic - yes, really am doing it this time! And I found something stored in my 2000 Gathering tote bag. I have a good number of these bags and use them a lot and I am really looking forward to the one this year!!! Anyway, my idea . . . . Those of us that have attended Gatherings in the past, why not bring some of those bags this year? I have no idea when the first one was printed but I am going to try to round all of mine up and see what I have. What about you?

And I think it would be fun to see t-shirts from past Gatherings, too. My first one was Corning in 1998. I admit that I wore that shirt until it was in shreds so it is long gone. And I have sort of stopped wearing t-shirts so have not gotten one recently and gave a way a lot of my older ones. But I bet there are a lot of you out there that still have them! Why not bring them and wear them this year. I think it would be fun to see all the designs!

So that was my idea. What do you think of that? Want to participate?
    Debby
    Last edited by Debby_Weaver; 05-01-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling!!!!!

Debby, I love that idea. While I don't have a lot of previous Gathering goodies, I'll be bringing what I have. Great Idea!

Terri

So far, I have found 7 of my bags with 1998, Corning as the earliest.
    Debby

susan sheehan Guest

I'm not a hoarder of those things. I just threw out my ratty t shirt from Rochester. I exercise in them and that smelled so good to my dog he ate through the holey armpit. I do have my ISGB bar glass though. I think that was Louisville? I was hoping to win a torch when I bought it. So I had buy a torch at the auction instead, lol. It's my favorite water glass for the studio.

What a great idea - most of my earlier shirts are well worn and ragged, but I'd be happy to bring what I can find. I wear them when I teach and when I do shows and always get asked about the organization. They are great PR!

Marjorie

Default clothing optional....

Can we "Gathering Virgins" bring blank T shirts and scribble on them with our drool??! I got nothing, nothing I say with any flames or glass on it ....yet......I need to change that in a hurry!

Just bought the plane ticket, going for the room and registration next--yeeha!!

Sadie Mae - order this year's T when you register. You'll get that and this year's tote bag when you get there and register. Some to the tech vendors also will have their business T's available. I really think someone is missing out on the chance to sell all kinds of stuff that has bead, glass, and flame motifs. Maybe someone this year will have some of that kind of thing.

Debby

Great idea. I only have my Louisvillle stuff from last year. but I will bring my shirt.
    Have a great day!
    Sharyl
    Volunteer Coordinator
    Catchen the Sun Glass Arts

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information