+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Journey

Default Announcing Journey

The ISGB is pleased to announce Journey, an opportunity for ISGB members to share their glass journey, whether it's long or short, and at the same time support their organization. It's a fundraising effort where any member - a newcomer, a well-known lampworker, or, like many of us, somewhere in between - is welcome to participate. You may elect to show just your current work or provide us a glimpse of your growth as a lampworker with a progression from early work to current ones and share with us your journey literally!

Members are to select either a half-page showcase or a full-page showcase. Contribution fee for a half page is $30 and a full page is $55. ISGB Chapters may contribute to a half-page, a full-page, as well as a two-page spread showcase featuring multiple members (all members featured must be an ISGB member). The two-page spread showcase is $95. Each showcase entry receives one copy of the eBook in PDF format. Chapter participating counts as one entry. eBooks in PDF format and hard copy print-on-demand books will be available for purchase after the 2012 Gathering.

More Information
    Please review these showcase samples in PDF format to decide which showcase is best for you: http://www.isgb.org/info/uploads/Journey2012/Samples/

All net proceeds will go to the International Society of Glass Beadmakers.

The deadline is May 31, 2012. For more details and information on how to submit, please visit http://www.isgb.org/isgb-exhibitions/177-journey.html.
    Last edited by TerryHale; 04-24-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Corrected wording.

I hope you will all consider participating in this wonderful opportunity to showcase your work and support the ISGB at the same time. I am doing my part in volunteering my time and graphic design skills to put together for the organization I believe in. I hope you will join me in contributing a half page or a full page showcase!

Here is a sample two-page spread showcase I did using the images from the current Arizona Society of Glass Beadmakers postcard (we will have new images for all the participating members in Journey). Thank you for letting me use your beautiful work as an example, ASGB!

For individual participants, we offer half page and full page showcases - click on the link to check out the sample pages!

http://www.isgb.org/info/uploads/Journey2012/Samples/

If you have any questions, either email me at journey @ isgb . org (take out the spaces) or post in this thread!
    Hayley

Hayley Tsang Sather | envisionsf.com

I love this idea, love it! Does the text have to be a bio? I also love that you are doing the layout and appreciate it. My pictures are always good my layout often leaves something to be desired!
    Nicole Valentine - Rimmer
    www.NValentineStudio.etsy.com

Thank you, Nic! The text can be anything about you and/or your work - a bio, your inspiration, artist's statement, your journey, etc. etc. Whatever you can fit in 80 words!
    Hayley

Hayley - thank you so much for volunteering to take on such a huge project. This is a wonderful opportunity for beadmakers of all skill levels to get a chance to show their work and for us all to learn a little bit about each other. I hope everyone will consider taking part - just think what an amazing piece of beadmaking history this can become.

Marjorie

susan sheehan Guest

This is quite exciting. I can't wait to get my hands on the finished product! Of course the amount of work you are putting into this is amazing Hayley. Thank you.

Now, to find just the right pictures....lol

I am just hoping I don't have to re do a bunch of photo's. I have some really nice ones but they are cropped a bit. Hopefully I get some time to re take some photos this week. I think this is such a cool idea!

Nic - if they are cropped just a bit, they may be fine. Before you spend the time to re-take them, email me the low res versions of the images you want to use and I can let you know. Email is journey @ isgb . org (take out the spaces).
    Hayley

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

We are so excited about this project! Hayley, again...thank you!!! This is a wonderful opportunity and another book, like Convergence II and III that will be available for sale to the public as print on demand via Lulu.

As a fundraising project, it is the first step to many new and exciting things we are working on to improve finances through fundraising.

Hayley, your work on and dedication to Journey is amazing and we are all very grateful!

-Kendra

Can one of the photo's be of us working? I love the idea of having a photo of the artist at work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information