+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oct. 30th - Nov. 6th Show and Tell

WOW!!!... you guys are doing some awesome work.... things here have started to slow down.... I got to sit at the torch for an hour or so the other day... I have a big project that needs attention 1st..... I found out last week I got into a show I have been trying to for a few years... so that will bring this years total to 6.. 4 more than last year... EKKKK..... the snow we had here had the power unreliable for torching this weekend... but I am hoping to start to get ready for the 1st show in March,April, 2 in May....I guess the good side of being so busy with other stuff is I have been styaing up late to get a bit of quite time.... here is a picture of the yarns I have spun....and some dolls I am making for the grils christmas presents....

... this wil Lea's doll, she named her "buzzy bee"

.. this is Gretchens doll, she named her. "Rose petal"

My plan is to have the grils help me with me unitl I am ready to attach the hair... then I will do that at night... get them all finished and wrap them for their christmas present.... I also have cloth and PJ's for them.....

Hope you all have a fantastic week....
    Kris Schaible
    Regional Director, Mid-Atlantic
    District #1 Director
    International Society of Glass Beadmakers

Great set, Angie! Awesome start on your off-mandrel goddesses, Nic, and I love the jewelry set too! Kris, love to see a close up of those spun yarn! Is any of those up for sales?

I have two gigantic spheres to share - with Angie's 5/8" bead caps! - they are 1-1/4" to almost 1-1/2" in diameter. Top one has Double Helix's murrine and bottom one has our own.

Hayley

Hayley Tsang Sather | envisionsf.com

susan sheehan Guest

Gorgeous Hayley!

Kris, those dolls are adorable! Please show us what they look like when you are done. Here's a funny for you. On Facebook, a friend of mine posted about spinning class. I instantly assumed she meant fiber and we had a funny exchange until it hit me she meant an exercise class, lol.

Hayley... THOSE are AWESOME..... would love to hear more about your trip as well.... yes the handspun is for sale.... I will try to get pictures on FB and my website by the end of the week....THANKS!!! is there any there that interest you ?? I can do these today...

Susan... I will post pictures here and on FB as I progress.... THANKS!!!... I can imagine it was a rather funny exchange....how are you guys witht eh snow we had??... hope all is well...
    Kris Schaible
    District #1 Director

Thank you, Susan and Kris!

Kris, which trip? lol! Creative Glass in Switzerland (outside of Zürich) was great! Erna and Harry run quite a shop and studio. My better half came with me and we traveled around checking out architecture (he's an architect). Loved the hot spring in Vals by Swiss architect Peter Zumthor (http://www.therme-vals.ch/en/#). The Swiss train system was very stressful tho coz it's SO ON TIME! lol!

Then last week I went back to Austin and taught three days (two classes) at Blue Moon. It was fun seeing Jim and Rose again. And the weather was cooler than our own in San Francisco!

I LOVE the greenish blue ones! How much is each skein in terms of grams and what weight is it? Do you want to pm me regarding price too?
    Hayley

Hayley Tsang Sather | envisionsf.com

Sounds fantastic... Both trips... I am hoping to be able to teach soon as well.. The kids are finally getting old enough for me to be away for a day or so....

Most of my skeins are a bulky or " chunky". Weight... I can weigh them for you as well... Also i have yardages...Some of the newer art yarns are far less in yardage since they are so time consuming....something you may want to keep in mind is I have found that using a very large hook ( I can only crochet) and a very simple pattern leads to the best results... I have tried more complex patterns with a smaller hook and have been disappointed with the results....but I have found that when I keep to a simpler more open pattern the results are amazing...my friends who knit back these findings as well...
    Also on the art yArns... Some are only 20 yards or less and it is VERY. Popular right now to just lay the yarn flat on a table making say one yard "ribbon". Just going back and forth with it.. Not making any cuts... tie Ribbon around the middle and wear it as a " scarf". Or make a large loop of the yarn again tie it in 2 places and wear it as a " cowl" .... I hope what I am typing makes sense... Maybe a picture or two... Will help....let me work on that....let me message you on FB so we don't hijack this thread to far off course... Lol....I will pic the ones I think you are interested in and tag you in those photos...

Ps that green bead is over the top fantastic... The pink one is a very close second...

Thank you for your kind words and support....
    Kris Schaible
    District #1 Director

Hayley girl, you make my caps look AWESOME!

Kris I just love your fibers. Talk about multi-talented!

And Nicker.... Wow. Just WOW!!
    Angie Ramey
    President

na... just multi crazy... LOl...

Nicker did that "fools gold" arrive yet... the beads in the necklace you shared are amazing... can't wait to see what you do with the sparkle...
    Kris Schaible
    District #1 Director

Ps Angie are those beads acid etched or sand blasted???
    Kris Schaible
    District #1 Director

All gorgeous!! Angie, can you share your colors? And Nicker, that set is awesome...those silver shell beads really set it off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information