+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HELLO--- Anybody Home Here

Hi Shari

The idea is pretty simple: The exaust air goes through a heat exchanger and gives (most of) the heat to the fresh air on the way in. One of the simplest systems is a "cross flow hest exchanger" with a stack of flat channels in a crossing pattern. If the contaminated air is not too hot you can use exchangers with textured plastic membranes. In the perifery are two regulated ventilators (in and out) and a bypass for the incoming air. The bypass is used when the outside air is too cold and the exchanger might freeze the condensed humidity. A set of filters protects the exchanger from dust and the room as well. There are ready-to-install sets on the market for low energy construction.

Dietmar

PS: I'm still searching for information how to calculate the dimensions of such an exchanger for a lampwotker's workplace with hood.

Ok I get it. And I might be able to help with the calculations. My job is in Facilities at a hospital I will talk to my engineer and see. Air exchanges and air quality are a big thing for us due to infectious diseases. I will see what he needs to know to get the information.
    Have a great day!
    Sharyl
    Volunteer Coordinator
    Catchen the Sun Glass Arts

Hi Shari

That sounds interesting! My idea was to make the separating layers from sheet-alunimum of about 0.7mm thickness (get it in 20*50cm or 8*20" for free). Then I would need spacers between the layers (idea is 10mm plastic) and glue the whole stuff with silicon putty into shape. Next step is the connection with in/out tubbing for each direction and the ventilators. Last step will be the filters (in is more important than out). My ides for the minnimum crossection is to triple the crossection of the tubbing for the needed ventilator inside the stack for each direction. My preferred dimensions for the size of the layers is 20*20cm or 40*40cm, because I can use ecess length of the material for the connecting parts.

Right now it's just theoretical because I can't install it in an apartement with an atmospheric gas heater. But I'm planning to move...

Dietmar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information