+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True value....need a little help.

Default True value....need a little help.

I have a person wanting to get out of the glass business, and I don't know what this stuff is worth. Can someone make a wild guess based on what little info i got over the phone.
    veraflow torch with tabel mount, hose and regulators.
    face shield
    schott glass 10 kg of 005
    10 kg of 006
    10 kg of 008
    all this is solid round rod
    plus 0101 hole tube 12kg alson schott glass

I know this i not much info but the lady would not give me much to go on. She wanted me to just come and see, then make a offer. Can anyone help ball park this stuff, I was thinking 50% of retail. She wants out and I don;t want to take advantage but as a beginner this may be much more than i need to start with.

Thanks in advance
    KYRedden

This sounds like boro glass - is that what you want to work with? I can't help you much with price - maybe check on some of the supplier's web pages and get an idea of retail. But be sure any glass you buy works with what you have. You probably thought of that already but . . .

Debby

Debby is right - be sure you find out what the COE of the glass is. I'm sure there is Schott glass that I'm not familiar with, but what I have worked with, the COE was around 90 which would be compatible with Bullseye, but not with Effetre, Vetrofond, etc. Also, all that glass may be clear - no colors.

Marjorie

Yes i think this is all clear boro.
    I'm not sure the woman will know i the coe if i cna get the part numbers maybe i can find more info on the vendors sites.
    i have never melted the gather of glass so, it will certainly mis with anythingesle i hae , hee hee (ain't got any other glass)

Thanks for quick replies, i guess i'll just make a drvie this weekend and see what i can do...

another point is... is it clean ??? if you get a ton of scuzzy dirty glass thats all scratched up it's not worth as much and clean and pristine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information