+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Convergence II - Call for Entries

look out.... if you give me more time I could go crazy....and be broke......The question (retorical) is : how many entries can one beadmaker make if a beadmaker could make beads?????

Sam---working away

I am fortunate enough to work with a steady collaborator, my friend Ronnie Lambrou, who always makes me look good! She is on schedule, I'm the one who is behind in getting her the beads she need to make the piece. Of course, she wants 12 hollows, mirrored on the inside, masked and sandblasted outside, in a certain size.......piece of cake, NOT. Still, I always think they shows make me focus, work harder and do better, so it is a good thing. Jeri

At this time we are unable to grant such an extension. While we certainly want as many artists as possible to participate, we have our own timelines behind the scene and deadlines we have to make in order to pull off the exhibit in time. As of today there are still 4 weeks left until the submission deadline. If, as we get closer to the deadline, we start to hear an outcry from a bunch of people that everyone is having trouble making the deadline, we can reconsider. Jeri, we hope that you will be able to participate and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

-Sarah Riggle

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate your response, and I still hope to squeak in with our submission. My collaborator is very kind and willing to work down to the wire, so you never know, my necklace might still make it for consideration. Jeri

I'm working on two pieces with my collaborator, Christi Friesen (wowser sculptural polymer clay artist). It's gonna be down to the wire for us, too, because we've both had seriously horrible travel schedules the last few months, and now we're both stuck in Tucson - at different shows, dammit - for the next couple weeks. Any little bits of extra time we could get would be *amazingly* welcome!

We're doing H.G. Wells Time Machine Pocket Watch (STEAMPUNK! WHOOOOO!!!!!) and Jacques Cousteau's Keychain, and we'd love to be able to get both into jurying!

*sharon*

Maybe I'll work on the cool name, I love Sharon's submissions before I even see them!! Jeri

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Really looking forward to seeing what everyone submits! Thank you in advance, for your participation.

Jeri, I sincerely hope that your piece gets completed. We always appreciate having your work involved - I know deadlines get away from us all! There just never seems to be enough time for everything.

Sharon, the pieces sound fantastic. Can't wait to hear the stories and see the work 'up close and personal'!

In the last week, we have had some new requests for a bit more time, beyond what is posted here. Sarah and I are going to talk about our deadlines for the overall exhibition this week and see if we can move the final submission date back slightly.

It won't be much, but we will try to do what we can. We've asked other people involved in the project to commit to certain deadlines that we must meet, but afterall we do these exhibitions and offer these opportunities for all of us as members - without participation, there is no exhibition!

So, let us review what we have and one of us will come back and post something here this week. We hope that helps.

Best to All,
    Kendra

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Sarah and I have reviewed the Convergence II timeline and we can give everyone an extra week. It's the best we can do and we sincerely hope it will help!

The NEW DEADLINE is Wednesday March 3.

Sarah will be sending out a reminder message that will confirm this information.

Thanks for letting us know that you needed some additional time and we really look forward to seeing all of the great work!

Best,
    Kendra

Hooray!! Thank you guys, this is definitely the wiggle room we need!! Jeri

Default Convergence II Announcement

This is the announcement I sent out to all members today via email:

THE CONVERGENCE II SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MARCH 3, 2010

We have received a number of requests for an extension on Convergence II and we are pleased to announce that we will be extending the submission deadline for the exhibit by one week. We think it is going to be an excellent show and we want as many members as possible to participate!

NOT ALREADY FAMILIAR WITH THE PROJECT?
    There are still (almost) four weeks left until the entry deadline. We encourage anyone who hasn't started yet to think about submitting!

MORE INFORMATION
    Visit http://www.isgb.org/isgb-exhibitions...r-entries.html to read the call for entries and project description.

Need the application form? Download it at http://www.isgb.org/info/uploads/con...pplication.pdf

QUESTIONS?

Contact me at isgb.convergence@gmail.com or
    call the office at 614-222-2243.
    Sincerely,

Sarah Riggle
    International Society of Glass Beadmakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information