+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things that made me happy at the Gathering

Default Things that made me happy at the Gathering

I saw Lillian Rogers and she is doing great! Debby Weaver looks happy and healthy and walks really well! Donna Milliron is that same gorgeous, vibrant, wonderful Donna and after winning the Hall of Flame award is a VERY happy person - although she was actually very happy before that. I was also thrilled to see and spend time with so many of the Florida Glass Dragons at the Gathering - WE ROCK!! It was so wonderful to see Kim and Trey and Brad hanging around where I could always find them! I was so happy to see that Arrow Springs was there with, of course, new tools - I bought a metal enamel sifter from them, one that won't melt, as did everyone else at the Gathering, I think, after JC and Margaret's presentation! I was happy to see so many of my friends and have an opportunity to spend some time with them! LOVE YOU ALL!!

Smile

I was so happy to have attended! Once again, ISGB has put together a wonderful event! I loved all the presentations. For me, the highlight was seeing Shannon's memorial reef. It was the most touching thing of the whole event. Too bad Shannon did not get a chance to see it in person after it was fully assembled. Jessica was a real sweetheart, and I felt like I'd known her all my life. I wish Shannon's family and relations all the best, as he would wish for them too.

Sorry, I couldn't hang too long in the "popular" area you liked to hang out, Pam (cough, cough) but my lungs said to go inside and take in air conditioning instead, LOL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my feather beads!!!! Way cool! For me, you, Ronit and Sara Sally are the the most impressive jewelry designers on the planet! I am always eager to see what new avant guard designs you have come up with and never disapoint.

Thank you ISGB, for a memorable event.

Ofilia

Oh, Ofilia, you are sooooo sweet, but I definitely don't deserve to be catagorized in such esteemed company as Sara and Ronit. They are true artists! I hope you do enjoy your feather beads. They are such fun to make!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PamDugger View Post
    but I definitely don't deserve to be catagorized in such esteemed company as Sara and Ronit. They are true artists!
    Pam, my dear, you ARE in their league! I would not say it if I did not believe it.... Beautiful, beautiful designs that I just admire more and more each year and have to bow to the ingeniousness of you three! Bravo!

I wish I could post something . . . but my brain isn't working! I have been at work for almost three hours now and have not been productive whatsoever. ;-)

Pam - I didn't get to say goodbye!!!

I have to say that I love this Gathering even more than Oakland - which was my first!!!

Thank you all who made it a truly life-changing experience for me!

Too may things to mention... but for those of you who witnessed it....Girls just want to have Fun...was a highlight
    Sam

Sam,
    Girls DO JUST wanna have fun!
    I think we may need a bigger stage next yest!
    Leslie

Hey, Pam, I am doing great!

I got a new knee last June (2008) and was a mess at the last Gathering, but I was there. And after years of you all seeing me walking with a cane, this year I didn't even bring it with me! Granted, the other knee is on borrowed time but things are so much better, I am putting that off as long as possible! I had a lot of people comment on how much better I seemed to be doing.

Thanks, everyone! We really are a community!

The things that made me happy at the Gathering - tough to say. I love it all. I love the people, the beads, the new stuff (which kills my credit card!!), the presentations, the open torch, the people - did I mention I have a DVD for sale (not really) and that my current long glass hearts are disease free?? You had to be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to Rochester!!!!!!!!!
    Debby

Smile

It was a great Gathering!

Thanks to all of the organizers and workers and participants for making it a blast! I think this was my 7th and it so much fun.

The Bead Bazaar is always overwhelming with all of the wonderful beads and jewelry. It's also so exciting to have all the vendors there together for days of shopping!

I had to leave the closing party before the 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' event, but I heard it rocked!

See you all again next year...

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

First, I would like to thank all of the members who were able to join us in Miami! What did I love MOST about the Gathering? Being there with all of you - that really is the key to making the time together so special!

Second, for our members who were unable to be there, you were sincerely missed! We realize that it just isn't possible for everyone to be together every year and if you couldn't make Miami, perhaps you were in Oakland or can join us in Rochester.

To all of our members, your continued support of ISGB is greatly appreciated!

Here are a few things that my memories of Miami include:
    • Walking through the hotel and seeing/greeting people as they arrived - old friends, new friends and the feeling that we are all united with such a special bond.
    • Lisa, Larry and Rob working so hard to get classes ready, then seeing our members in those classes enjoying every minute of the experience. To all of our wonderful Instuctors, THANK YOU!
    • The Wednesday night Flame Off with so many people there, excited and ready to get the Gathering started with great enthusiasm - what a way to begin our time together! Add in the same fun on Thursday and a dose of a good fire alarm and you've got yourself some wonderful memories with everyone!
    • A great First Timer's meeting where people were completely "fired up" about being at their first Gathering...
    • Followed by a terrific General Meeting with excellent questions, member participation and so many, so many new ideas and suggestions being passed along to the Board. Really some brilliant ideas - thank you!
    • Terry Hale's new "We Are the ISGB" video and music - a new tradition has begun and Terry, that was a BLAST to see! THANK YOU!
    • An Opening Reception with 'yummy' desserts, a beautiful evening, an increbile view...great way to set the tone for the days to come! I did miss the Key Lime Tart which would have been a true favorite...anyone who had it, do tell so I can live through your experience, OK? HA!
    • Fantastic presentations! To each Presenter, THANK YOU for enhancing the Gathering experience for everyone and to Jeff, Mike and Bob, our Audio Visual Services team...JOB WELL DONE! A great deal of hard work and all accomplished with professionalism, warmth and smiles.
    • Lunches that seem to be one of the biggest hits - who knew a salad could bring such comment? HA! And...that we would make so many people happy with peanut butter and cream cheese at breakfast...those types of things were so easy to fix and we are extremely grateful that people talked to us...it made a great deal of difference in our ability to tackle not only the hard issues, but the easy ones as well!
    • Friday night at Windsich-Hunt Gallery! WOW! So many happy members and wonderful comments. Seems that many stayed in the Grove and had dinner with rave reviews - that makes all of us so happy...I loved hearing about everyone's experiences the next day! I remember my limeade that Alethia brought back to me from one of our favorite resturants, Jaguar. OK, they don't really do "to go" beverages, but being the true friend she is, she had them put it in a "sippy cup" since I couldn't join them for dinner. Said cup became quite the "symbol" - very Miami with shells and under-the-sea creatures! Wink.
    • Tho' the Bead Bazaar could have been busier, no doubt, I think that everyone faced the challenge so well. I heard mixed reports on the financial success of different members, but all-in-all, people seemed fairly happy. There is no denying that the work in that room was outstanding and the artists who bring that talent to the world are a part of our organization...those artists represent a part of our ISGB - that was a special moment of pride...to see so many great artists, members together sharing their talent!
    • Our INCREDIBLE Tech Vendors who once again came through with terrific things for us to see and experience! They are such a critical part of the success of the Gathering and to simply say THANK YOU doesn't say enough! I truely appreciated our time together and the excellent feedback that we received - greatly looking forward to Rochester and again, we all so appreciated your support by being in Miami!
    • The Hall of Flame Award - that was a real privilage to present! I was very lucky that this year, it was Donna Milliron and I was President! I will never forget that moment. Something I will always treasurer!!!
    • The Live Auction where we raised more money than in 2008 and exceeded our forecast, but mainly I remember the extreme generousity and kindness of our members, the spirited bidding, Lewis auctioning off his own piece which set such a great, lively tone for the remainder of the night! The laughter and the fun we had...really a GREAT night! And Marilynne, I do remember that I owe you dinner at Wegmans! :-)
    • Seeing Agnes and Roger Clark and having their support as we have had for so many, many years! Their love for and dedication to ISGB is nothing less than amazing. I enoyed our late night chat on Saturday evening and I always appreciate the great wisdom and advice they give - two very, very special people! Easy to see and appreciate why Cathy is equally as special.
    • Presenting the aquarium to the Miami Children's Hospital and knowing how hard the RDs worked to put that start up project together this year! Again, a wonderful sense of pride in our oganization and knowing the joy it would bring to the children - ISGB is filled with amazing people with wonderful hearts!
    • The Sunday night Closing Party - Cathy's voice, John's voice, the voices of "A Group of People" (HA!)...doing "chair-e-oke" and all of us on stage doing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - oh to sing and laugh like that every day, all of us together...what a priilage that would be and it was an absolute highlight of our time together...many beads were swapped in the other room and I heard so many people say it was the very best swap they have ever attended!
    • I remember the saddness I felt as people checked out of the hotel and left on Monday. Truly that members of my family were leaving, many not to be seen for another year. This was quickly balanced by the incredible memories I have and the gift of being a part of such an amazing organization - the gift of being able to be together and to enjoy one another so much - the gift and celebration of friendship!
    • Seeing Cathy and the Shilo team, the Board, the RDs and all of our volunteers work so hard together to make it a great time for all of us and being a part of the laughter, the team work, that made everything work so well. What a privilage that was and so much fun! Times that we laughed so hard we had to sit down...only to need help getting back up! HA!
    These are some of my memories - of course there are a few that I didn't put into print...late night laugheter, the jokes I heard, silly things we did, moments that are best kept in memory because they could never be as funny on paper. All saved for Rochester when we can say "remember in Miami when we...", all saved as heartfelt times shared with the best of friends!

Still, with all of the above, it's the memory of just being together. Even without all of the "special" things we do, just being able to renew friendships, begin new ones, respect one another and spending time together face-to-face and not just in email or on the telephone - these are the most precious times!

Thank you for these memories...and now on to Rochester and 2010!

-Kendra
    Last edited by Kendra Bruno; 07-29-2009 at 05:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information