+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Annealer, Kiln for Lampwork or Fusing for Sale

Default Annealer, Kiln for Lampwork or Fusing for Sale

120 volts
    22"w X 14"d X 9"h approx. exterior
    18w X 10d X 4h approx. interior,
    2h X 18w front opening

I purchased this kiln around 1998 brand new. It is very lightly used. I have too many kilns and need the space for other things. This is an Arrow Springs Kiln (www.arrowsprings.com). The heating elements are encased in quartz tubing, making them electrically safe when inserting finished work on steel mandrels into oven while it is on. It heats up quickly. It is designed for easy, one-handed operation, whether placing finished beads into the annealer or reaching for a preheated glass rod. The finished items are placed into the annealer through a 2" x 18" front opening. Included are the brick doors for fusing and preheating as well as 2 individual inserts and a flip up door for annealing. It has an infinite control switch (the same kind of switch found on an electric cooking stove top). As a cost savings alternative to a temperature controller, an infinite control switch, when used with a pyrometer to read temperature, will allow you can manually control the temperature inside an annealer or fuser. I never found the pyrometer that came with this kiln to work very well so I purchased a stand-alone pyrometer for $100, but never hooked it up. I am including it with the kiln. All you have to do is drill the hole a little bigger to accommodate it and you're in business.
    You could use this as a glass fuser, glass annealer, and also to fire silver clay, enameling, jewelry wax burnout and low fire ceramics. The new price for a kiln like this is $595 + $100 for pyrometer

Included in purchase is: kiln, 3 types of doors, kiln shelf, stainless steel stand, extra pyrometer.

I live in Appleton, WI and I don't want to ship this. So I'm looking so sell it to someone in my area where we could meet somewhere or... I will be at the bead and button show June 5 & 6 and could bring it with me.
    Attached Images        

Hey, Beth!

I can't use your kiln but if anyone in the Mid-Atlantic region wants it, I have friends driving to see me towards the end of June and I think they could probably bring it with them. How much do you need to get for this?

Are you coming to the Gathering????

Debby

HI Debby,

What! I forgot to put a price? I'd like to get $430 for it all. ($395 for the kiln and $35 for the pyrometer.)

I'm still deciding on the gathering, but I may - need to ck and see if there are still rooms available. I know I'll regret not going.

Oh yes, there are rooms available! :-)

Cathy

Smile

That's a great kiln! It's the same model I have and love it to death! Your price is a SUPER BARGAIN! Did you get to sell it yet?

Ofilia

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Beth, we would LOVE to see you in Miami! I hope, sincerely, that you are able to make it.

-Kendra

No, I haven't sold it yet. Thanks for the plug, Ofilia. It is a good kiln - and a good size too. Plenty big!

I don't think I'm going to make Maimi. Just too much on my plate, and too many unplanned expenditures. Next year for sure

Have you sold this kiln yet? It is exactly the one I've been drooling over...
    Last edited by thatsmithlady; 08-06-2009 at 01:43 PM.

No, I haven't sold it. (sorry I took so long to reply - I haven't been on the site for a while) If you're interested email me - beth@bumblebeadstudio.com - and we can chat.

HI Beth < I bet you've sold the kiln by now , But if not I am interested , We are helping outfit a new School for thew Arts in this little Ozark town For Lampworking and I think you'res would have been a great addition , too bad Tom couldnt stop by you're place on his way home from the Gathering

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information