+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Member Show ~ Under the Sea

Default All Member Show ~ Under the Sea

Thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone has up their sleeves for the All Member show this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we're going to be able to put into our aquarium for the Miami Children's Hospital.
    Last edited by Kendra Bruno; 09-18-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Unstick Message

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Nancy, this is going to be such a GREAT project and again I want to thank the Regional Directors for putting everything together and managing it for the Gathering!

I hope we get a wonderful response, with many, many donated beads and I know that the Miami Children's Hospital will love having the aquarium! The children will delight in seeing so many beautiful things in glass and the fact that it is a permanent display is just fantastic!

Thank you in advance to everyone involved with this terrific project!

-Kendra

PS - I will have a small fish to contribute - would love to hear what other people are doing!
    Last edited by Kendra Bruno; 04-22-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to bump this to a 'sticky' so that the information would be directly available here until Miami.

This is an important project for us and we thank the Regional Directors for taking it on. If you have any questions, you can post here or contact your Regional Director.

We look forward to seeing the full aquarium which will be on display at the Gathering, before it goes to the Miami Children's Hospital.

Here is the information from the Gathering Registration booklet:

The All Member show is a great opportunity to exhibit your work (beads are not for sale). This non-juried show is open to all ISGB members and is a wonderful way for new beadmakers to participate in their first show. This is also a good opportunity to present your best work in response to a specific theme.

The theme for this year’s show is
    Under the Sea.

Each artist is limited to one bead entry. Beads will be on display at the JL Knight Center – Central Hall July 2 3-26, 2009. The show will have two “Attendees’ Choice” awards. The two artists with the highest number of votes will each be awarded a gift certificate.

This year we are trying something new! In the spirit of giving, we plan to present an ISGB aquarium display to the Miami Children’s Hospital at the end of the Gathering. We are asking that you donate your bead to this wonderful cause.

Your beads will be included in the permanent ISGB Under the Sea aquarium for children to enjoy everyday!

The All Member show entry fee is $20, payable to ISGB. Please ship your bead in a well-wrapped, sturdy, re-usable box. Please insure your package. Please send bead, form, and $20 payable to ISGB to:

All Member Show-c/o Sarah Riggle
    ISGB
    PO Box 82226
    Columbus, OH 43202
    1-866-473-4742

Deadline: June 30

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

-Kendra
    Last edited by Kendra Bruno; 04-23-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Anyone finished their bead yet?

I already sent mine in. I sent a fish because I thought a fish tank should have fish. Good idea for a final destination for the entries! I have a box with all my past all member show beads but this was a terrific reason to not have this one.

Debby

I just sent mine in, did an octopus. It's called 'Handsome 8-Footer', and I sure hope the kids like it! *s*
    Attached Images

Debby, thank you! Can't wait to see your fish and YES...a fish tank should have fish! We appreciate your support and of course, your kindness.

Heh Sharon, "Handsome" is indeed a good looking fellow and I know that the kids will LOVE him! Thank you so much for donating and making such a special piece.

Debby and Sharon, you are good hearts and good souls - THANK YOU!!!

-Kendra

I have a quick question about the All Members Show entry. The bead I've made really looks best displayed in an upright position but can't stand on it's own. Am I allowed to send along some kind of little stand? I was thinking maybe a small piece of coral or driftwood with a post to hold the bead.

Thanks a bunch,
    Dawn

Sounds perfect Dawn! Thank you.

-Kendra

PS - At the GAS Conference, Stefani Woodams gave us a wonderful turtle for the display. Thank you Stefani, it's terrific!

Thanks so much, Kendra!
    I'll see what I can come up with and get my bead on it's way this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information