+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Florida Sales Tax Registration for the Gathering Bead Bazaar Info

Wink

Hi Cindy, I wouldn't sweat it too much. I sent you the whole email from Mr. Moshood. I'm sure that when we send our forms completed and with a check, any other not so significant information they will figure out. He was quite explicit that it was very straight forward, and that's how I'm handling it. Works for me;>). Otherwise you can try telephoning him at the number I included in the thread below (#13).

Chicago on the near west side in an area called West Ukranian Village

Thanks Ofilia. Not sweating - although with the Miami temps I'm sure I will be.

I also notice that there is a local tax for the Miami/Dade Co. area. I may call him tomorrow just to check and see if that applies.
    cindy mc

Hi Hayley and Ofilia,

Thank you both so much. I hate the tax part of this thing...always makes me nervous. I haven't applied for it ahead of time. I will just send in the money...doesn't seem like Florida has it together very well for this....

Smile

Hi Karen, I wouldn't worry about it so much this time. I'd be happy to forward you the complete email from the tax fellow complete with the attachements (forms and instructions). Just send me your email and I'll forward it tonight when I get home from work. But I do leave early tomorrow morning to be MIA in MIA;>), so do contact me today!

His personal instructions were very straight forward and uncomplicated (unlike other states that like to make it a PITA, LOL). This is a good thing! My favorite was Oregon.. NO sales taxes, Yeah, don't get easier then that, LOL!!

Ofilia

ofiliacinta at earthlink dot net for the email from Mr. Moshood

Default Sales and Use Tax Return Info

The question came up on LE about filing your sales tax collected at the Bead Bazaar, since the original blank white form provided by the state and put on each of the bead bazaar tables didn't make it very clear how to identify who you are, or where the money was collected.

The Dept of Revenue people did come around during the bazaar and handed out a packet with an orange top sheet, with the correct information printed on the white Sales and Use Tax Return sheet. For anyone who didn't get (or has misplaced) the forms handed out by the Dept. of Revenue, here is the info you need to put on the white form when you file it:

The Sales and Use Tax Return form (white) says in the open space on the left, above the actual return :

ISGB Miami Gathering 2009 Bead Bazaar
    Miami South Service Center
    8175 NW 12th St STE 418
    Miami FL 33126 - 1828

and the certificate number (small box on the left side over the word FLORIDA) is: 23-8011900407-3

The address to mail the form and your collected tax to is:
    Florida Department of Revenue
    5050 W Tennessee St
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-0120

Hope this helps anyone who came back exhausted or confused!

Schermo

Thanks Schermo----I never saw what the state handed out.

Cathy

It also states if you have your own number to just put it on the form and the State will send you a bill but I sent in a check since I have no other sales to claim this quarter. Just make sure you keep copies of the form and your check for your records.

Bellevue/Greater Seattle - Washington State/USA

Schermo and Barb, thanks for posting the info.

-Kendra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information