+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Sales Tax Registration for the Gathering Bead Bazaar Info

Default Florida Sales Tax Registration for the Gathering Bead Bazaar Info

I registered at 9am EST for the Gathering promptly today and then proceeded to spend forever on the phone with the Department of Revenue. I spoke with three agents and the bottomline is that they are not quite ready for us yet! lol!

I will post as I get more information. Hopefully by my doing the leg work, it will be easier for the rest of you in the near future.

If you are interested, so far I have achieved the following:

• Used the link in the Gathering booklet, called 800-352-3671 and spoke with the DOR representative. She told me that since it's for only a one-day event, I should call the local office instead. She gave me the number for the Miami office.
    • Called 305-470-5001 (or 305-470-5003) and spoke with a representative. He told me that I needed to apply for the permit in person. The local office is at 8175 NW 12th Street, Suite 119, Miami, Florida and they are open M-F 8am to 5pm. I explained to him that I would not be able to do so since I will only be in Miami for the long weekend. I will be in a conference during their business hours, plus I won't have any way to travel 13 miles back pass the airport to register in person. (Not to mention another $60 r/t cab ride!) He referred me to someone else.
    • Spoke with the third rep who was very helpful. She told me that the person in charge of the zip code we will be at is Mercedez Fajardo 305-499-2226. She will pass on all the information to Mercedez and she will call me back in a day or two. In the meantime, she will put together a package to ship to me.

I plan on letting Mercedez know that there will be quite a number of us who will be needing this one-time special event registration. And if there is any way we can expedite this registration and obtain the permit via mail before the conference. I will also check with her as to the filing process of the sales tax after the Bead Bazaar.

I will update this thread as soon as I find out more!

Hayley, here is a link that may help you, or may not!!

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/eservices/apps/register/

Thanks, Pam, I did go to that link. The rep I spoke with told me that we can do a one-time permit instead of the lengthy registration since the web registration is really for Florida businesses and not a one-day trade show.

I will give the local rep a call tomorrow and report back.

I just used Pam's link to register on line. This is the link to the general information and application if you don't want to do it on-line but the on line is free and easy:

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/forms/2006/dr1.pdf

Any new information on the "event" tax permit for Miami?

Thanks in Advance,
    Vicki

I spoke with the lady and she told me to email her information on our event as well as ISGB's website. I did and am waiting to hear back. Will call her again end of the week.

And she did confirm that we do not need to do the full registration online but a special event one directly from the Miami local office.

Thanks !!! I will wait to hear what you find out.

Vicki

Smile

Ooo... I totally forgot about this detail... Thanks, Haley, for bringing it up and for sharing all your experinces as you went along. I'll see tomorrow how it goes for me when I have a chance to try from home.

Ofilia

Is there an update to this?

Just wondering if anyone has successfully gotten their one day registration

TIA!!

Ginny - after over a month of leaving messages, I finally got a call back on May 4 requesting information about our Bead Bazaar. I promptly emailed the link to the ISGB main page, left half a dozen messages and someone else called me back last week. I have to say that they are NOT very efficient! lol!

I will call again next week to see if there is any update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information